Miter Machines: Designed to rapidly create mortise and tenon cuts at 0, 45 and 90 degrees for face frames and standard miter doors
M15 MITER MACHINE
- Only miter machine to address dust collection
- Locates on inside or outside edges addressing variance in part width
- Locates parts facedown addressing material thickness variance
- Converts to mortise and tenon face frames
- Accommodates a maximum part size any length x 5″ wide x 1.50″ thick
- Up to 420 complete frames per shift
- Manual sizing feature (option)
The M25 Miter Machine is configured with a router spindle station for mortise cuts and a spindle station for tenon cuts. Each station has separate servo control of movements along X, Y, and Z axes. The hold-down assembly can be pneumatically raised with the push of a button to allow easy access to both milling tools at either station.
Pneumatic clamping assemblies, with non-marring urethane pads, are mounted to the hold-down assembly to secure the part during cutting and can be placed at numerous locations over the cutting surface.
The M25 Miter Machine is programmed to design the depth and position of both the mortise and the tenon. Besides the design is a calibration mode that allows independent adjustment of the mortise and the tenon to achieve a perfect fit. Once the design is complete, it is saved in a recipe format. Once this recipe is opened the operation comes down to simply as feeding the substrate into the machine.
The M25 Miter Machine’s optional auto-sizing feature consists of a table assembly that provides a precision measurement of the parts being processed. As parts are initially fed into the machine, their length is measured when the first cut is being taken. During the secondary process, the length is compared to the pre-programmed cut list and the amount is taken off during the second cut, which results in a part that is sized to the specification within a tolerance of.003”
The entire inside of the M25 Miter Machine is part of the dust collection system. All incoming air is drawn through the work area to keep wood chips from collecting on the work surface.
- Accommodates a minimum part size 3″ long x 0.50″ wide x 0.250″ thick
- Accommodates a maximum part of any length x 5″ width x 4″ thickness (without auto-sizing)
- Accommodates a maximum part size 48″ long x 5″ wide x 4″ thick (with auto-sizing)
- Mortise and tenon cuts at 0°, 45°, and 90° for face frames and standard miter doors
- Only miter machine to address the problem of dust collection
- Locates inside or outside edges by comparing the variance in part width
- Locates parts face down by the material thickness variance
- Capable of producing mortise and tenon face frames
- Finishes one part in every 9 seconds
- Automatic sizing feature consists of a table assembly that provides a precision measurement of parts being processed (option)
- Other applications may include drilling, boring, and slotting for a variety of cabinet and furniture components.
A12 Miter Lock Shaper: Profiles precision miter lock joints from 90° to 150° in solid wood and plywood substrate in one pass.
A12 Miter Lock Shaper
The A12 Miter Lock Shaper shapes the edge of solid wood and plywood parts in one pass to produce a precision lock miter joint. Eliminates the doweling process.
The A12 Miter Lock Shaper machine’s shaping station is equipped with a precision-balanced drive motor/spindle combination. The spindle is equipped with vertical, horizontal, and tilt adjustments with micro point digital readouts. With these adjustments, the tool can be rotated from 0° to 120° allowing the operator to mill on both sides of the milling tool. With this configuration, the machine requires only one tool to mill both sides of the lock miter joint. Also, it is this configuration that allows the operator to create lock miter joints of 90° up to 150°.
The A12 Miter Lock Shaper machine’s transport assembly incorporates a fixed edge guide, power feed drive assembly, and a bottom cast iron work-table. The feed drive assembly is reversible, and the substrate can be fed from either direction depending on the position of the milling tool. The substrate is positioned against the edge guide and pushed under the power feed drive assembly which carries the substrate through the machine and past the shaping station, sliding it across the cast iron work-table. The power feed drive assembly has variable-speed to ensure proper milling of the substrate.
The A12 Miter Lock Shaper cabinet is sealed and is equipped with angled plates to that cause the dust to collect at the bottom of the cabinet where an 8” dust port carries dust out of the machine. All air being drawn into the machine cabinet is from the front of the machine where the substrate passes in front of the milling station. This ensures minimal dust build-up on the work-table next to the operator.
- Accommodates a minimum face frame width of 1.50″
- Accommodates a minimum part size of 1.50″ x 12″
- Accommodates a maximum part size of 60″ x 60″ (without outboard support)
- Shapes precision miters at any angle between 90° to 150°
- The machine only requires one cutter to mill both sides of the lock miter joint
- Single workstation (labor-saving)
- No doweling needed