There are several ways to determine if the material handling equipment is achieving peak efficiency. These include capturing all relevant data related to the warehouse’s operation (such as SKU measuring how many times an item is “touched” from the time it is ordered until it leaves the building, making sure you are using the proper picking technology, and keeping system downtime to a minimum.
While some manufacturers focus design on “cost optimized” solutions, Doucet’s own guiding principle is to develop and market products that are user friendly, durable and that will remain serviceable throughout their useful life. We offer a broad variety of platforms and models, designed to suit your application very precisely. Most of our equipments are “built-to-order”, in just a few weeks, allowing you to adopt the most efficient return solution with the smallest possible footprint.
Benefits of the ALYX Automated Loading System:
- Rapid production: The complete cycle time for gluing and loading is 80 seconds or less with only one operator at the panel preparation position, another partial operator is managing the material input and output
- Less Intensive Labor: The operator tasks are much less physical than before as their new tasks is now oriented on the value-added tasks like color matching of staves, grading of incoming staves before being glued
- Reduced Glue Consumption: End user could expect savings on glue consumption as injection glue typically requires less glue than roller type application by 20% to 30%
- Reduced Panel Cleaning: Having less glue squeeze out on the dry panels results into more productive downstream operations like sanding and planning and increasing abrasive lifespan
- Reduced Maintenance: Systems currently in operation are showing a drastic drop in cleaning hours required on the clamp carrier. As an example, a system used continuously (24 hours) 5 days a week required clamp screw cleaning cycleonce every 3 months compare to once a week with an older system
- Rapid Return on Investment: End users in the cabinet door industry have estimated a return on the investment between 18-19 months
- Dramatic Reduction in Labor: End users in the stairs industry have reduced their operation from 3 employees on one shift to one employee and 24 hour operation, increasing the quantity of stairs produced by over 40% with same labor costs involved and 30% glue savings.
Let Us Help You Build The Right Solution
Fill out the form below and one of our industrial machinery experts will be in touch soon to answer any questions.
Why Choose Scarlett Inc.?
Scarlett Machinery specializes in the sale of new and used industrial woodworking machinery to Grand Rapids, Detroit as well as most of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. By combining our years of knowledge, experience, and the best machine tools in the industry, we provide manufacturing solutions designed to improve workflow and provide cutting solutions in most woodworking and non-ferrous applications.
If you are looking for help choosing the best industrial machine for your needs, in a price range that fits your budget, give Scarlett Machinery a try.